Wednesday, May 4, 2011

40% Grateful

This is my tub.  Lately I've been feeling a little whiny about my current bathroom situation.  We are almost finished remodeling our bedroom and soon will be moving on to the bathrooms.  Soon but not soon enough.  I hate that my mood is affected by my surroundings. In an attempt to adjust my attitude, I did a little Bing search on indoor plumbing.  Did you know that 40% of the world's population does not have the luxury of indoor plumbing?  They don't even have an ugly tub to come home to at the end of a hard day.  So today, I am choosing to be grateful for running water and a toilet that still flushes.  Tomorrow I may still curse my crooked toilet but today I'm gonna choose to love my ugly bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, stac. Always choose optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel your pain. YOu know all the work we've been doing on our house and it's easy to feel overwhelmed, fed up and (in my case) angry at the previous owners who didn't do things right and now we have to fix their wrongs. But in the end, we should really feel so lucky to have a house to complain about, and the freedom to complain about anything. I'm sure everyone has something to complain about no matter what their situation, it's all relative. But it's good to regain some perspective too, isn't it, and just feel grateful for what we have since, no matter what, we're far richer than a good portion of the population! Thanks for the reality check. I'll go love my ugly basement now ;)

    ReplyDelete